Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Get Well for a dog ~ client

Here is a cheery get well card for a dog that I walk named Stella. The poor girl had to have ACL surgery - I also got her a box of her favorite dog bones to go with it. I used the Paper Pups cart and cut the collar out at 2.5 inches, but ended up trimming a little bit off one side (to fit the card base) I cut the shadow features and used pop dots for the length of the collar - between the shadow and the primary cut. I cut out the dog tag on the following page and used both features as well and also used a paper punch to make the one inch circle with the sentiment on it and raised that with one pop dot also. I used Fiskars scallop border punch on the top and bottom and cut it at a half inch. I also used a colored split ring to attach the charm to the collar - it moves freely while the long collar piece is glued to the pink flowery background paper. Monday was the first day that I had seen Stella since her surgery on Wed. June 2nd. I hope she continues to heal up well - i do feel so badly for her! While i realize she wont care about the card - I know she will love her dog bones that i got - beef basted!! Mmmm, mmm!

No comments:

Slideshow of Cards

Facebook Badge

Powered By Blogger