Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dad's B-day owl

Here is a birthday card i made for my Dad. I used the Cricut Stamping cartridge. (I love this cart ~ so many cute occasions and sayings!) I cut the owl at 2.5'' and the Happy Birthday was cut at 1.75. I used a plain grassy green color for the background and used my "new" MS paper punch (and of course i threw out the package in my excitement of a new toy and forgot to write down the name) on the bottom edge. Ribbon is called Grateful Squared by KI memories - its from a while back - maybe Joanns?? As you can see, I went a little overboard with the gel pen...i had meant to only dot in the corners and messed that up and just went for broke with the dots! oh well ~ still looks cute. For the last little touches - i used some little star blings (Michaels) and some clear blue "rain drop??" dots on his eyes. Edges are done with Colorbox Chestnut Roan. Anyhow,  hope you like it and heres to wishing my Dad a very happy birthday!!!

Slideshow of Cards

Facebook Badge

Powered By Blogger