Sunday, January 23, 2011

A slice of cake - From my Kitchen!

For my Grandmothers upcoming birthday I made her card using the From my Kitchen cart. This was one of the $9.99 carts from Michaels that I had been waiting for sooo long to get it. I swear my first life was lived in the 50's because I just love the retro images on it! Using my Gypsy and the Accent Essentials cart I created the square, scallop edged card, with a window front. I welded two images and just hid the inside square on one side. I put the polka dot paper on the inside of the card and made a larger rectangle to fit over it on the inside also. I used some blue and green glam rocks around the outside and Cinnamon colored Stickles on the top edge of the cake slice. I cant recall who makes the sentiment but I curved it and it fit quite well with the design. A sheer green bow finished off this card.
I have mailed it to her, but I am planning to surprise her with a long overdue visit next weekend! I can't wait to see her! Enjoy!
Happy Birthday Gram!


3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Yummy! Love the great papers and card design!
I always have thought my other life was in the 60's!!

Stacy said...

Cute card. I am now a follower of your blog. You won my blog candy. Make sure you send me an email at lovethatbug1733 at yahoo.com with your address.
Congrats

Slideshow of Cards

Facebook Badge

Powered By Blogger