Sunday, November 7, 2010

Christmas presents & New Stuff...

After weeks of hinting I am so excited - I'm finally got getting a Gypsy?!?!?.
As many of you know, when you purchased or registered a new G by Oct. 31 you could get 5 free cartridge downloads. Well my awesome boyfriend got me one for Christmas and he wanted it to be a surprise. Long story short, I have it now! Ok well - temporarily. If you ask him - dealing with Michaels was a nightmare and he is not too fond of PC at the moment either. It all started when the first G he bought was somehow already open, so he asked to exchange it (and if you may or may not know - Michaels is not supposed to exchange or return any open merchandise - defective or not.) Well they did let him exchange it,  but when he went to register it (the G) for me it only powered on (blue light) but would not load to opening screen. Fast forward to the next day and he now HAS to tell me about my Christmas gift so I can get my "free carts". So I call our local Michaels to see what I can do and got the nicest and very knowledgeable Assistant Manager who kindly lets us exchange the Gypsy for one from their store. (And of course the following day - its now only $129.99 -- and PC also extends the free cart offer to Dec. 31......likely story...) I got to register my little toy and have even got to try her out, but I have a couple of minor issues I would like to find out some opinions.
1) when I power on my G there is a small, quick, white flash of a line that goes across the bottom of the screen just before it gets to the "loading" screen. Is this normal? 2) when I charge it - should there be any lights on it at all to determine "charging" mode? I would like to put up a quick video just to show the white line i am seeing when i power it on - wonder where is the best place to post such a video?
Now onto a little more fun news. Today, while traveling with the Beau, we had to stop at three Michaels stores looking for little white handled bags for his Mom's project, the last store we went to had a very nice surprise.
I found the Cricut Cake cartridges for only 19.99 a piece - clearance already? I got Birthday Cakes and Holiday Cakes. They also had the original Crciut Cake machine for $149.99 and all accessories were 3.99 - 6.49. I am surprised at these prices for being new to the market. While I am happy for my "deals" these two new carts along with my Gypsy will be turned over to my boyfriend, until Christmas Day.....(sad face inserted here....)

2 comments:

Besthobbyeva said...

Yay for getting the Gypsy, everyone raves about "her". Boo for having to give it back. But at least you know you are getting an aweseome gift!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

My G doesn't show any lights while charging either, which I thought was odd but I don't notice a white light. Great score on the cartridges!

Slideshow of Cards

Facebook Badge

Powered By Blogger